Friday, January 22, 2010

Crop Circles, How Two Idiots With Boards Ruined What Should Be A Serious Subject

I remember the first time I heard of the two guys in England that hoaxed some crop circles with just rope and boards, it was on a TV special I saw when I was around 12.

 I lived on a farm and all we had was 'peasant vision' 3 channels and the 2 that showed semi decent stuff once in a while where usually snowy crap. So anything that was Paranormal was super rare and I often waited weeks in anticipation for them, so when I heard that a show of crop circles was coming I was stoked.

Well the day finally arrived, my father and I (Another Paranormal Lover) were all set to watch the show, the channel was nice and clear for a change, we had some popcorn, this was going to be great! I thought.

Well to my surprise here was this show that had these two smiling idiots with ropes and boards. I still remember that angry feeling in the pit of my stomach I had when it showed this guy with that arrogant smirk on his face stomping on this board and how this was supposed to be the solid evidence that explained everything and solved the mystery of crop circles.

Even at the age of 12 I was not going to accept that these two idiots with boards where responsible for all these beautiful and complex crop circles in the world, so from then on I had even more incentive to read every book and article I could find on crop circles.


One of the best articles I ever read (which to this day i can't find anywhere damn it! but I managed to locate a website that's similar, here's the link www.cropcircles.net/) was on how the molecular structure of the wheat has changed and there was signs that it had been heated or steamed because the nodes where blown out.

It also appeared to be as if the wheat was laid down not trampled or stepped on, and that it was somehow woven together. I remember thinking to myself lets see that smiling idiot with his board do that!

This in turn, got me me thinking back on how they where damaging the wheat with there board and that they had to have been making foot prints every where too. How would anyone not notice the signs they would have left behind foot prints, marks on he plants, broken stems things like that.

I grew up on a farm I know how easily wheat can be bruised and that if you even touched it it would leave a mark. This really got the little hamster running on the wheel in my head, and reminded me of a video I saw on crop circles and how there was no evidence that anyone was ever there, no foot prints coming in or out of it and the wheat was unscathed.

Some of them were gigantic and were made in only a few hours with very complex geometrical patterns. I also remember reading about a case where a farmer reported seeing several thousand square feet of grain laid down gracefully in just a few seconds.

 I think if it wasn't for those two idiots with boards the subject of crop circles wouldn't be so taboo, and all this amazing evidence that is out there would be taken seriously.

No comments: